Trying out new sounds

DAA

Administrator
Staff member
My partner Tim and I braved the heat this weekend to try some of the new sounds Foxpro recently put out. The sounds seem to work pretty good, we killed two medium sized batches using them.

First batch.

201509Coyote%20Hunt-3W.jpg

Second batch.

201509Coyote%20Hunt-10W.jpg

Of the 14 we killed, it was an even split between young and old.

Devil Hare was the hot sound. Grown Cottontail worked good too though.

And I pulled in one yesterday morning that didn't want to commit, using the new Vole sound. It was an old female, had been moping around about 400 yards out from the caller all stand, could get her to pick up her ears and take a few steps using a couple different sounds - Cal's old pup distress seemed to interest her the most, but a quick look up and a few steps was all I was getting from her. Finally decided to try one more sound and if that didn't work, I was going to go prone and take the long shot. But the ground was hot as blazes and I wasn't looking forward to laying down on it... Tried the vole sound and she perked right up and came at a steady trot all the way in and got dead.

Stayed up too late Sat. night locating for stands to make on Sun. Got a lot of quick answers to the new Coyote Family sound and then kinda tore 'em up a little bit on Sunday making mostly "located" stands. We had 8 in the truck by about 2pm. I think I'd rather kill a couple less coyotes and get more sleep though, to be honest
blush.gif

Too hot to hunt, really. Felt kinda weird putting down so many, so early, but we did it. No more 90+ degree for me though. I'm not getting after them with the rifle again until it cools off a mite.

- DAA

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew that devil hare would be one helluva sound! Glad someone finally got to go out and put these new sounds to work. Can't wait to try em out myself. Good job on bravin it out in the summer heat really good numbers as well. I did quite a bit of callin in the heat this summer for ranchers it's hard calling.

Way to stack em Dave. I hear ya about to hot. We were done last weekend by 9 but didn't call/kill anywhere close to that many. But did see quite a few out and about.

That's some very Impressive stack of Coyotes...Congratulations!

I've got a FP Shockwave Caller and was wanting to add some *New Sounds to it once I work some more Overtime....seems You've helped me find a few already!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Dave;
I might be your long lost son you never knew you had. You might want to rekindle your relationship with me and take me with you to your spots. Lol

Back